Saturday, October 01, 2005

The End of an Era

Well, yesterday was my last day of nannying for the twins. *sigh* I am very divided in my emotions over the whole thing. On the one hand, I am physically just not able to keep up with their energy level any more. I often want to take two naps in a day and they don't want to take any on some days! So, it is a relief, to know that I will now be able to set my own schedule and nap when I need to. And I know that it will be good for them to have someone who can keep up with them and play with them like I used to. On the other hand, no one is "as good as me" to take care of them. ;-> I will miss them terribly and of course worry about how they will grow up. I cried off and on all last night over the loss of their daily presence in my life, but I am comforted to know that I can visit them often and that the person chosen to replace me as their nanny will do a good job caring for them. I had the pleasure of being able to work with her for my last two weeks and truly feel secure that she will keep them safe and continue to encourage them to learn. And, although she can't possibly love them as I do ;-> I can see that she is already developing a bond with them and that helps.

So, now begins a new chapter in my life. I am officially a stay-at-home wife now, and will soon be a full-time stay-at-home mom. I have no delusions that I am "quitting work", but instead realize that I am merely changing positions and income status. My days will be equally full with new and different duties from the moment my son arrives, and I am overflowing with eager anticipation of that day. Eventually I may add part-time paid work of some kind to my new full time position (ie. occasional babysitting, notary work, or even freelance writing), but that is to be determined at a later date. From this day forward, my first priority will be to my husband and my child(ren). I cannot imagine a better life than the one God has granted me!

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kathleen,
How exciting!!!! I envy your youth. If I had found Kevin earlier, I would have had "bunches" of babies. It is so amazing how all the same DNA goes into your children and they all turn out so different from one another.

Want to hear something "cool" I do for our three? Ha! Too bad...I'm going to tell you anyhow. During the course of the year when Emma Grace, Joy or Joshua do anything amazingly adorable,thoughful or otherwise, I jump onto the computer and document it in a Wordperfect file. About two weeks before their upcoming birthday, I handwrite each of them a summary of their year. I include a few photos, enclose them in an envelope, paste a pretty stamp from that year and mail it to them on their birthday, so their is a birthday date postmark. When the letter arrives home, I place them in a little cedar box. As each child turns 21, they will get all the letters at once. I am already excited for those days...
Anyhow, I must get back to work...bye for now-Kim

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger KMD said...

Kim,
That is a really original idea! I'm sure your little ones are going to love those letters! Would it be okay if I shared your idea with some other mommies I know?
-Kathleen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home