Thursday, January 04, 2007

Loose Ends

So after posting about our holidays, I read my previous post and realized there were a few loose ends to tie up.

First of all we do have a smoker on our floor, but they are at the opposite end of the hallway and I only notice their smoke about twice a month. We also have a minor cockroach problem (they are coming out of the wall) which has cropped up just recently, but the management has had a reasonable response to the problem and we look forward to their absence occuring shortly. :-)

Secondly, although Ethan was accepted by a local, legitimate talent agent, we learned that 99.5% of all jobs for his age range are in L.A. which means that the auditions are also in L.A. Doing the math, we quickly realized that traveling to L.A. for auditions was out of the question and asked his agent to simply let us know on the rare occasion that something might come up in San Diego. Three months later, surprise, surprise, nothing has happened. At this point I am supposed to submit new photographs of Ethan, but honestly, it's just not something I'm interested in any more. The odds are too slim that anything will come of it for me to put any more effort into it and doing this sort of thing requires that you be able to drop everything and go on a day's notice, but such flexibility isn't practical with the other things I'd prefer to do with my time. I have other, far more important goals. So I am just going to let it go. If we lived in L.A. it might have been a different story, but we don't. Oh well. No harm, no foul. It was an interesting opportunity to investigate even if it didn't pan out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home